What is Home Health Care?
RN Jobs Saratoga Springs, Herkimer & Amsterdam, NY
Home health care provides medical treatment for an illness or injury, with the goal of helping you recover, regain your independence and become as self-sufficient as possible.
CHC offers short-term, intermittent health care services such as skilled nursing, home health aides, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. We can also offer specialized chronic care programs that focus on actively involving you in your health care process, addressing conditions including (but not limited to):
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Wound care
- IV Therapy
Our home health care offices serve Saratoga Springs, Amsterdam & Herkimer, NY.
My doctor is ordering home health care for me; can I request Community Health Center (CHC) by name?
Absolutely, and we'd be honored to care for you or your loved one. Federal and state law gives patients the freedom to choose their health care provider under Medicare.
Who pays for Home Health Care?
CHC services can be paid for by Medicaid, Medicare, HMO's, private insurance and private pay.
CHC can help you through the details of payment, and financial services are available.
When can I expect my Home Health Care to start?
A CHC Nurse or Therapist will contact you by phone to schedule your first visit, within 24-48 hours of discharge /referral received. If you have any questions prior, please do not hesitate to call 518-762-8215. Our team will be happy to answer questions you may have. Staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What should I expect on my initial visit?
On the first visit, a nurse or therapist will conduct an initial evaluation. At CHC, this thorough interview and evaluation is part of our coordinated approach to managing your overall health status. Our evaluation focuses on educating you in self-care management – which includes the family or caregivers.
This team approach facilitates an easier transition for you from a hospital or nursing facility to your home, and actively engages you and your caregivers in your health care. This evaluation usually takes 2 hours. When starting care, the clinician will talk with the patient and family caregiver(s) to gather and document a complete picture of:
- Your health history Check your weight, blood pressure, temperature, heart rate, and breathing
- Discharge paperwork from hospital/rehab (if applicable)
- Insurance information and Emergency Contact
- Check that you are taking your medications and any treatments correctly
- Ask if you are having pain *Check your safety in the home
- Teach you about your care so you can take care of yourself, and avoid re-hospitalization
- Any other information necessary for CHC's care team to provide the best and safest service.