Physical Therapist • Full-Time
- The Physical Therapist is responsible for assessments and coordinating an individualized plan of care in collaboration with the patient and transdisciplinary team to ensure a quality patient outcome. The Physical Therapist provides case management and therapy treatments under a physician’s order to patients of the Community Health Center under the Certified Home Health Care Agency, Long Term Home Health Care Program and Developmental Services and Independent Living Skills Training (ILST) Services (if applicable).
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapist (PT) therapy program – New grads welcome!
NY State License
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Results-oriented with strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Tech-savvy with the ability to learn quickly
- • Completes an initial and periodic evaluation of the patient’s physical therapy and rehabilitation goals.
• Continuously collects data comprehensively, accurately and systematically following the agency protocol .
• Analyzes the assessment data to develop an appropriate patient-centered plan of care and makes recommendations for additional services to meet the needs of the patient.
• In collaboration with the Therapy Department SCHN, the therapist individualizes the expected outcomes for each patient based on the clinical data and develops short and long term rehabilitation goals and developmental goals, in conjunction with the patient.
• Evaluates the effect of the interventions and progress toward the expected outcomes, follows-up and revises the plan of care.
• Provides instruction and ongoing evaluation to the patient, family, care giver and home health aides in patient care activities involving physical therapy regimens.
- Seeking Full and Part Time Applicants