Registered Nurse - Clinical Manager • Full-Time
- The Clinical Manager is responsible for the leadership and oversight of the clinical interdisciplinary team to assure the delivery of patient centered, outcome focused, high quality home health care services in accordance with agency objectives, policies and procedures, and state and federal regulations. The Clinical Manager/SCHN supervises, supports and educates staff at the point of service in the field as well as functions as a clinical resource and mentor for team members. This position requires weekend/evening/holiday and on-call rotations.
• A person who is a licensed physician, physical therapist, speech-language pathologist, occupational therapist, audiologist, social worker or a registered nurse.
• Currently registered in New York State with at least two (2) years of experience in a CHHA or LTHHCP and a baccalaureate degree; or a combination of education and experience which is equivalent to the experience requirement of:
Four years of experience in home care; and
Six credit hours or the equivalent, of education/training in public health and principles of management.
• Physical exam signed by a physician showing you are free from health impairments which pose potential risk to patients or personnel or which may interfere with the performance of duties and have the immunizations required by the NYS DOH.
• Current New York State driver license, reliable vehicle, automobile insurance/registration.
• New York State Office of Children and Family Services State Central Register Database Check Clearance.
• BLS Preferred.
• Utilize informatics to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision making using information technology.
• Knowledgeable in data collection, data analysis methodology, and performance improvement methods needed to support and lead performance improvement projects.
• Computer literacy, including but not limited to data entry, retrieval, and report generation.
• Ability to work with patients/families of all ages and in a variety of settings, including inpatient facility and patients’ homes presenting diverse physical conditions and social/cultural environments.
• Ability to drive to and from a variety of settings in varying weather conditions.
- • Provide oversight of all patient care services and personnel
o Make patient and personnel assignments
o Coordinate patient care
o Coordinate referrals
o Assure that patient needs are continually assessed
o Assure the development, implementation and update of the individualized plan of care
o Communication with all physicians involved in the plan of care to identify and resolve conflicting or duplicative orders
o Integration of orders from all physicians involved in the plan of care to assure the coordination of all services and interventions provided to the patient
o Available during all hours staff are providing services to patients to provide clinical management expertise and guidance
o Provide contact information in writing to every patient, representative and caregiver along with instructions to contact for any concerns or questions related to their care
• Lead an interdisciplinary team by cooperating, collaborating, communicating and integrating care in teams to ensure that patient care is coordinated, continuous and reliable; assuring that patient needs are continually assessed and outcome focused.
• Ensure the delivery of patient centered care by identifying, respecting and caring about patients’ differences, values, preferences, and expressed needs.
• Coordinate adequate and qualified staffing to assure patient referral to services and visits are managed effectively.
• Ensures that the admission documentation is complete and all new patients are referred to appropriate disciplines.
• Apply quality improvement by identifying errors and hazards in care; implementing basic safety design principles, such as standardization and simplification.
• Continually measure quality of care in terms of process and outcomes in relation to patient need, test interventions to change processes with the objective of improving quality.
• Serves as a backup for OASIS workflow and reviewing and processing of interim orders for physician signature.
• Initiates conference with management regarding any questions about individual eligibility for services.
• Reviews all OASIS time points.