LMSW- : Licensed Masters of Social Work • Part-Time
- The Master of Social work is a qualified, licensed professional who provides medical social services to patient in the home with the physician’s orders and under the supervision of the Director of Patient Services or appropriate supervisor. The LMSW provides patients, representatives and caregivers with the psychosocial support needed to cope with chronic, acute or terminal illnesses.
- •Master’s or Doctoral Degree in Social Work from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and one year experience in health care setting.
•Licensed by the New York State Education Department.
- 1. Ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the patient;
2. Development and evaluation of the plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s)
3. Providing services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care;
4. Patient, caregiver and family counseling;
5. Patient and caregiver education;
6. Preparing clinical notes;
7. Communication with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of care;
8. Participation in the HHA’s QAPI program; and
9. Participation in HHA-sponsored training