Evening RN - No Weekends No Holidays • Part-Time
- Johnstown 12095
- Provides home nursing services with respect for human dignity and the uniqueness of the client, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status, personal attributes, or the nature of health problems. This practice is general and patient/family/community oriented. It is not limited to a particular age or diagnostic group. This holistic approach requires a systematic utilization of the nursing process; assessment, planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation, used concurrently and recurrently. All services are implemented only in accordance with the plan of care established by a physician’s order and with the patient’s/family’s participation.
- • Licensed and currently registered to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
• Minimum of one year’s nursing experience in an acute care center or home care agency, preferred.
• Physical exam signed by a physician indicating health and immunization status as required by the NYS DOH.
• Current driver license, reliable vehicle, automobile insurance/registration.
• New York State Office of Children and Family Services State Central Register Database Check clearance.
• The ability to drive in all types of weather and find patients at listed addresses.
• BLS preferred.
- • Preparing for each patient visit by checking for:
o New orders as well as current Plan of Care (485)
o Current problems and goals
o Completeness and accuracy of Medication List as well as for changes in orders.
o Follow-up issues to address
o Scheduled supervision visits, blood work, physician appointments
o Patient progression as documented on previous skilled visits done by nursing and therapy
o Status of teaching plan
- 5 hour shift 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM or 4:00 - 9:00 PM