We Are Here to Serve You...
Community Health Center (CHC), a not-for-profit agency, was founded as a result of a joint venture of St. Mary's Healthcare of Amsterdam and Nathan Littauer Hospital and Nursing Home, Inc. of Gloversville, on November 28, 1984. The two sponsoring hospitals, one a Catholic hospital, the other non-Catholic, with differing philosophies, and from two different counties, recognized the need to provide quality health care in home of patients and residents of their communities; their hard work and spirit of cooperation resulted in establishing Community Health Center. Community Health Center offers many types of RN jobs. If you live in the Albany or Saratoga Springs area, be sure to check out the RN jobs that are currently available.
Certified as a home health agency and long term home health care provider by New York State, CHC opened their doors and admitted their first patient on April 1st, 1985. CHC has grown to become one of the largest home health care agencies in the Capital District Area.
CHC offers a full range of in-home health care services. Competent, professional staff is dedicated to bring quality, compassionate, and patient-centered home health care to residents of Fulton, Montgomery, Hamilton, Herkimer, Saratoga, Schoharie, and Warren Counties. You can get a great sense of CHC's values as an agency by watching one of our caregivers enter a patient's home. There is always a polite knock at the door, then a smile, a warm greeting, and a respectful dialogue about how the resident is doing as a patient – and as a person.
Our nurses, therapists, home health aides, housekeepers and other caregivers are first rate, and our entire business culture is focused on one simple thing: Patient Care.
- Executive Director: Mildred Ferriter
- Director of Patient Services: Erin Kilmartin, RN
- Director of Rehab Services: Julie Dillon, Physical Therapist
- Director of Human Resources: Kathleen Kilmartin, PHR, SHRM- CP
The Mission of "Your Home Care Network" is:
At Community Health Center, our mission is to promote and support the provision of the appropriate services which will enable individuals to maintain their independence in their homes or in community settings.
Your Home Care Network Vision:
Within the Northeast Region of New York State, Your Home Care Network will promote and support a full continuum of quality and leading edge services which will respond to the developing needs of the community. The member organizations will be known for their stable, competent, and respectful workforce. We will promote and support our services in a fiscally responsible manner, either through integration within our network or through collaboration with other providers.
The member organizations of Your Home Care Network will operate in a manner that is
Innovative — Community-Conscious — Respectful of Each Person
Stewardship Based — Quality & Safety Focused
CHC Proudly Supports:
The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning. - Mitch Albom
- St. Mary's Healthcare Foundation
- Nathan Littauer Hospital and Nursing Home Foundation
- Liberty ARC Foundation
- Paul Nigra Center for Creative Arts
- Fulton Montgomery Community College Foundation
- Shrine of Our Lady of Martyrs
- Johnstown Beautification Fund
- Fulton County Office of Aging
- Montgomery County Office of Aging
- Northeastern Regional Food Bank
- Amsterdam Rotary Club
- MDA Albany
- Alzheimer's Association of Northeastern New York
- Fulton-Montgomery Relay for Life
- Catholic Charities of Fulton and Montgomery County
- HERA Women's Cancer Foundation
- Cubby Faville Memorial Fund
- Avon Walk for Breast Cancer - Dr. Sheridan
- FMS Workforce Solutions - STEM Camp Sponsor
- Fonda-Fultonville Little League
- Little Falls Little League
- Johnstown High School Football
- Fulton County Center for Regional Growth
- Interfaith Partnership for the Homeless - Danielle's House, Amsterdam
- Mountain Valley Hospice
- National Hospice Foundation - We Honor Veterans
Your Home Care Foundation
The Your Home Care Foundation was re-established in 2015 to support Community Health Center, a Certified Home Health Agency servicing Fulton, Montgomery, Saratoga, Schoharie, Hamilton, Herkimer and Warren Counties. In partnership with St. Mary's Healthcare, Nathan Littauer Hospital, and other regional healthcare providers, Community Health Center delivers patient-centered home health care services to meet the needs of our community.
Learn more about Your Home Care Foundation